Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July Socks

I haven't posted for a while, I'm feeling a bit "blah".  That last bit if knitting nasty really got me.  I went a week without knitting at all.  nothing at all.  crazy.  I did, however, make an espresso cheesecake and played a lot of Diablo.  Then July 1st came buy and I realized it was time to start another sock.  The yarn I chose is Stroll hand painted in watermelon colors by knitpicks:



I love how it looks in the ball but knitted up, not so much.  So I needed a pattern that would break up the colors.  I chose the Aquaphobia sock pattern by Crystal Flanagan.  I'm in the process of re-writing it to make a toe up sock using Judy's magic cast on and knitting them up using the magic loop method.  I should call these my magic socks. . .   I'm also going to use some leftover black yarn for the toes and cuffs.  Well, yesterday I knitted up the toe and started the pattern with the main color and it just doesn't look right.  



I don't think I started with enough stitches, the toe looks narrow and pointy.  And I know you can't really see it in the picture but the cables don't match, they twist in opposite directions but the right side looks more like a slip stitch and the left looks clean. . .  So today's goal is to undo and redo the toe and write out the pattern using the left cable on both sides.  I really want to get this going this week because the hubbiekins and I are taking some vacation days together for our anniversary.  We're going to drive up to Kansas City and I wanted some good progress on the sock before the trip.  

As far as Celebrating the 4th, I have some snakes and some throwy-snappy thingies.  Not really into fireworks (especially in 100 degree weather), but I hope everyone has a lot of fun and plays it safe!

2 comments:

  1. So you decided to do the cables after all! can't wait to see them in person

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are not doing so well, The pattern side has shorter stitches then the knit side. So I'm thinking I'll have the same problem you did and they won't fit over my ankle. :( But I'll show them to you before I decide to frog them.

    ReplyDelete