Friday, June 15, 2012

Must. Knit. Faster.


So I've been cleaning up my queue on Ralvelry. When I first signed up I added anything I liked to my queue, weather or not I would actually make that item. I've become a bit more realistic about what I can make and how long it takes to make things. Since I've been deleting stuff, I've been looking at patterns differently. Asking myself, would that look good on me? Would I enjoy knitting that? And most importantly, How much would it cost and/or do I have yarn in the stash for that? This year's resolution (12 pairs of socks in 2012) was so that I would use up stash yarn and not buy any yarn. . . because I already had all my knitting planned out for the year. I learned that socks are not boring, but not enough to keep me satisfied. I also discovered that if the money is there, I will buy yarn. So I've made sure that all the bills are paid first, that something is set aside in the emergency/gift fund. Then I'll buy yarn. I've even bought some patterns this year. One I liked so much that I made sure I bought the same yarn as used in the pattern (my color choice of course). But looking at all the things I want to make, I feel a bit overwhelmed. How silly? I should feel overwhelmed by the amount of cleaning my house needs or how much debit I still owe. Not over what I want to knit. So little time, so much to knit, must knit faster. 


No comments:

Post a Comment