Sunday, March 4, 2012

Slumber Party


On Jan 10th my niece turned six years old.  So I drove to the great city of Wichita Kansas to hang out with Emily (my niece), her mom and my mom.  My mom and sister are knitters. . . So we went to some yarn stores in celebration of Emily's birthday.  Emily, however, thinks knitting is boring.   Since we spent the day boring Emily, I spent the night doing what Emily wanted to do, a slumber-party.  Now, for those of you who don’t know, I’m almost 30, definitely on my way to adulthood.  I’m a bit over weight and my back doesn’t really like it when I sleep on a hard surface.  But I did it anyway.  Cuddled with a Disney princess blanket, I slept on her bedroom floor.  The next day I had the best coffee (thanks to my sister who works for Starbucks), which totally made up for my back ache.  That afternoon we had a party that included cake, presents and party favors.  Emily set out party horns, helicopter toys, and balloons, all color coded.  That night I drove back to Manhattan, and made it back in time for knit night.  Even though my back paid for the sleep over, I’m glad I got to spend so much time with Emily and my sister.  As a Christmas present to my sister, I told her that anytime she wanted, I would come up for a knitting lesson and maybe some thrift store shopping.  One of my sister’s many talents is finding great clothes at thrift stores.  Which leads me to my next topic, converting a sweater back to yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment