Sunday, January 1, 2012

So, it's been almost a year, almost, since my last blog.  Way to be consistent there Sarah. . .So here goes, my attempt to share the amazingness that is knitting with the world; my 2012 New Year's Resolution: 12 in 12'.  Let me explain that.  That's twelve pairs of socks, hand knit by me, one pair a month for the entire year of 2012. Ahha?  Whatcha think of that?  It usually takes me 4-6 weeks to finish a pair of socks so, this is a challenge for me.  Plus, I have a crap-tun of sock yarn that needs to be knitted up.  I've applied some rules for myself, just to make it interesting, at least for me. 

Rules
1. Finish one pair of socks a month.  
Key word is FINISH, not start.  So my plan is to cast on another pair of socks in the next few days so I'll have two on the needles.  That way if I get bored with one, I can work on the other, or if one is at a difficult-to-travel-with state, I can work on the other.  And no, I do not knit at work *cough cough*

2. Each sock pattern comes from the book Sensational Knitted Socks.  
Why? because I own the book, the patterns are easy to follow, and I can make them with any gauge so only one swatch, I hope.  If you want to learn to knit socks or already know but want some more options, check out this book!  All the math is done for you, all you need to know is that the author, Charlene Schurch, dosen't include 'negative ease'.  More on that later. . .

3. Each month is assined a color(s) that I personally associate with that month.  
Yeah, that's how much sock yarn I have.  You'll just have to check in with me at least once a month in order to see the different colors. :)

So tomorrow I'll show you pictures of what I have so far for January's socks AND some negative ease info.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have small feet, knitting socks for sz 13 might make you miss out on sleep!!

    ReplyDelete